Joe is the president of CAF Pension Actuaries, Inc. and a partner of Pension Live. He is an Enrolled Actuary under ERISA, a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries, and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- Joe has 40 years of experience working with tax-qualified and non-qualified Pension Plans for small, medium and large companies.
- Prior to founding CAF Pension Actuaries, Inc. in 2001, Joe served as an actuary and consultant with other major actuarial consulting firms in the Boston area.
- Joe is responsible for the accuracy of the annual valuations, government filings, benefit calculations, and financial disclosures.
- He is also experienced in a wide variety of plan design and retirement income replacement studies.
- Joe has testified as an expert witness in a court case regarding a non-qualified Pension Plan in a dispute between an employer and a terminated executive. He has also provided support in similar cases that did not go to trial.
- He has assisted several clients with the process of terminating qualified pension plans, including helping with the purchase of annuities in a financially prudent manner.
Joe earned his B.A. degree in mathematics from Colby College in Waterville, Maine. He became an Enrolled Actuary and Member of the Academy of Actuaries in 1989. He became a Fellow of the Conference of Consulting Actuaries in 2013.